Friday, December 19, 2014

A Thaw in Relationships with Cuba

I was excited to hear President Obama's speech in which he outlined a new policy toward relationships with Cuba.  I was asked to comment on the new policy by Bob Allen of Baptist News Global in light of my recent visit in October to Cuba along with a delegation of eleven other Baptists.  I responded with a three or four paragraph email to him about my thoughts on these developments.  An article appeared today in Baptist News Global and I'm quoted a couple of times in it.  Also quoted is my Churchnet colleague, Brian Kaylor, who handles communications for our organization as well as writing for other entities including Ethics Daily.  Coincidentally, Brian's newest book entitled Sacramental Politics is also reviewed in a separate article in Baptist News Global today.

No comments: