Saturday, July 03, 2010

8th Round of Leadership Training in Guatemala

Our pastor and I are leaving early Monday (7:15 a.m. flight) for Guatemala via Houston on Continental. Assuming the planes are on time, we'll arrive about 1:20 p.m. and drive directly out to Quetzaltenango to spend the night and be ready for the leadership training conferences that start on Tuesday at noon. Like good Baptists, we always start with food. Blake will be leading in 3 sessions that day and I'll follow up with two on Wednesday before we head back to Guatemala City later that day.

We'll do some sightseeing in Antigua on Thursday and well as visiting the Tabitha Ministry in Guatemala City before returning home on Friday. As always, I'm really excited about the trip and the opportunity of being with the folks down there again.

After we return, the following week is our church's Vacation Bible School and then the following week I'll be leading in a study of Galatians for our annual Summer Adult Bible Study series. We've been doing this for several years now and always have a good turnout and a good time studying and then eating some desserts together. I did mention that we Baptists like food, didn't I?

3 comments:

jenniferharrisdault said...

Have fun, Gary! I've been reading a novel that referenced Quetzalcoatl, so I've actually been thinking about Quetzaltenango the last few days. Make sure your eggs are blindfolded =0)

Gary Snowden said...

Jennifer,

Actually I ate scrambled eggs this morning so no blindfolds. We're having a good time and Blake did a great job with his teaching today.

jenniferharrisdault said...

No surprise there -- well, I know nothing of Blake, but know you well enough that I imagine anyone you take is going to do a good job. Enjoy your last few days